This year is bringing a lot of change and new endeavors for me. Just to name a few:
- I moved into my own place in November and am finally getting settled (still a lot to do).
- I start graduate school January 5th working towards my master’s degree.
- I am working in a new department at work.
- I will be attending my first major conventions this year: World Horror Convention and World Fantasy Convention.
Even with all that I have going on I want to do even more with my time and energy. I have many personal goals I am going to also work towards during this coming year. In no particular order:
- Learn to knit/crochet. (I want to be able to make gifts for people. A blanket and a book will make for the best gift packs.)
- Read more. (I spent way too much time allowing life and TV to get in the way. Not this year.)
- Track my reading. (I have never paid much attention to my reading but this is going to change going forward. I want to read more diversely, read beyond the “front table” and seek out back list titles and small press authors.)
- Take better care of me. (I am too quick to turn to processed foods and ignore working out and allow a sedentary lifestyle to take root. This year I am focusing on me and my health. I also want to support local farmers buying produce directly from the farm.)
- Write. Write. Write. (Dedicating time to developing this blog and finding my voice is a huge priority for me. I also want to get back to my fiction writing, something I put on hold too many years ago.)
- Take more pictures. (Photography is another hobby that brings me great joy and something I have neglected. There are a lot of beautiful hiking spots near here and I will be exploring them more fully with camera in hand.)
I don’t have specific resolutions per se, I want to make 2015 the year I finally start living life to the fullest, making my goals and dreams a priority. It is going to be a full and busy year but an awesome one.
I am sure it will be a bumpy road but I welcome the challenge. So, 2015 let’s see what you have to offer.