Greetings my fabulous readers ~
Life really can become a whirlwind at times with opportunities popping up when you least expect them. One such opportunity came when Luna Station Quarterly put out a call for bloggers to join their team. I filled out their application hoping but not knowing what to expect. And then I got the fateful email: “Welcome” and “Come join us!” To which I replied, “Yes!”
There were more words involved, but the basic gist is that I will have a monthly column with Luna Station Quarterly where I get to highlight and share titles from small presses, a huge passion of mine. I am not sure of all the particulars just yet for when it will start, but I will have all that information soon and will provide updates and links.
I have titled my column “Beyond the Front Tables” because I want to focus on the stories out there readers may have missed or that bookstores don’t have readily available. Discovering “new-to-me” authors is proving to be a wonderful adventure and I am reading some truly amazing tales I can’t wait to share with everyone.
So, stay tuned my fellow bibliophiles and until next time, happy reading!!
This year is bringing a lot of change and new endeavors for me. Just to name a few:
- I moved into my own place in November and am finally getting settled (still a lot to do).
- I start graduate school January 5th working towards my master’s degree.
- I am working in a new department at work.
- I will be attending my first major conventions this year: World Horror Convention and World Fantasy Convention.
Even with all that I have going on I want to do even more with my time and energy. I have many personal goals I am going to also work towards during this coming year. In no particular order:
- Learn to knit/crochet. (I want to be able to make gifts for people. A blanket and a book will make for the best gift packs.)
- Read more. (I spent way too much time allowing life and TV to get in the way. Not this year.)
- Track my reading. (I have never paid much attention to my reading but this is going to change going forward. I want to read more diversely, read beyond the “front table” and seek out back list titles and small press authors.)
- Take better care of me. (I am too quick to turn to processed foods and ignore working out and allow a sedentary lifestyle to take root. This year I am focusing on me and my health. I also want to support local farmers buying produce directly from the farm.)
- Write. Write. Write. (Dedicating time to developing this blog and finding my voice is a huge priority for me. I also want to get back to my fiction writing, something I put on hold too many years ago.)
- Take more pictures. (Photography is another hobby that brings me great joy and something I have neglected. There are a lot of beautiful hiking spots near here and I will be exploring them more fully with camera in hand.)
I don’t have specific resolutions per se, I want to make 2015 the year I finally start living life to the fullest, making my goals and dreams a priority. It is going to be a full and busy year but an awesome one.
I am sure it will be a bumpy road but I welcome the challenge. So, 2015 let’s see what you have to offer.